From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:49:35 EDT
***This is a totally blatant and unabashed plug for the Ferret Store.  I
have no ownership in the Ferret Store!!***

Everytime I hear about a place where I can get TF, or any other ferret care
products for "a lot less" than the Ferret Store, it makes my skin crawl.
I wonder if people are really comparing apples to apples.  If they are
including the fact that the Ferret Store's pricing includes shipping and
handling.  I also wonder if they are willing to put aside the old fashioned
cosutomer service that one rarely finds in any retail situation anymore,
but you still get at the Ferret Store.  They are ferret OWNERS!!  They try
all of the products on their OWN ferrets before selling them.  They treat
you not as a faceless cashcow, but as a loyal and trusted friend.

The Ferret Store supports ferret shelters.  They work with wholesalers and
manufacturers to occasionally offer "giveaways" to shelters.  They support
the ferret community, and will at times give financial support to events
such as the FML 10 Anniversary Party in Orlando a while back.

Sooo...think about it.  Will Pets.com become as involved in assisting the
ferret community as the Ferret Store has?  Does Pets.com offer assistance
to shelters?  If you have a problem with an item at Pets.com, will it be
unconditionally replaced or refunded?  Will they be able to have a
conversation with you as to WHY a certain product might be better for you
than another?  Do they know the difference between a Cheweasel and a
sugarglider?  When you call Pets.com, will they know who you are and the
items you usually order BEFORE they look you up BY A NUMBER in their
database?  :::::snort::::: None of these mega on-line superstores will ever
offer the customer service, community support and expert knowledge that the
folks at the Ferret Store offer.

I prefer to support a company who has knowledge, understanding and ethics
as opposed to a company who will treat you like a number, and sees you as
nothing but a Visa card with an available credit line.  I will continue
to support a company who supports ferret shelters.  I will continue to
purchase my ferret supplies from the Ferret Store, and I hope that you
all will as well.

Regards,
Anne Ryan