From:
Timothy Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 00:57:10 -0600
Howdy all.  I've been reading the FML for several weeks now, and have also
checked out the FAQ.  I've learned tons from what I've seen do far, but I'm
hoping some of you can answer a few questions to which I haven't yet seen
any answers:

1. Do ferrets need to be groomed (i.e. brushed) on a regular basis?

2. I know that in litter training cats, it is sometimes helpful to put a
drop or two of ammonia on the bottom of the litter pan, becauase they
perceive it as a urine smell, and start associating the litter box with
"potty time." Does the same thing work for ferrets?

3. If it isn't required for the state/county I live in (not sure where
this will be yet, as I still haven't found a job to go to after I
graduate!), and if the ferret will be a strictly indoor pet and I have no
oterh pets, how crucial are distemper and/or rabies vaccinations?

Thanks in advance!

--Tim