From:
Lea Statler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 03:55:39 -0400
As Carla told you Dennis and I bought(resued) this little SICK, week,(ya
right) and under weight albino.

Carla had bought a cage with her new little fuzzy, so while they, Carla, her
son, Dennis and the owner, were trying to get this cage into a car that was
to small.  Dennis decides to put this sickly,weak, totaly helpless(teeeh)
ferret in our carring bag, but thinks that she was to sick to try the
zipper.  OK, I'm not totaly inocent here, but I didn't know he didn't lock
the zippers together.  Well, of course she got out, and none of us were
watching.  We all thought she was safe in the bag, got the cage in the car
and now it was time to get are collective ferrets home.

Dennis go to the car, checks the bag, NO ferret, Lea were's the ferret!!!!
OH God, she's gone.  We search the car, under the car, in the engine and
then searched Carla's car.  NO Ferret.

The hunt begins: We went into all the stores with open doors and then the
ones that were closed.  Next came the drainage ditchs, Carla's son and
Dennis did most of those.  We check behind all the building, to include the
feedstore and still no ferret.  Josh, Carla's son, was a big help he got
into some locked places no adult would fit.  We were all running around like
mad people looking for this little SICK ferret.

Well, two hours later, a scraped back, smelling really wonderful(from the
ditchs) Carla and I make one last trip behind the feedstore.  We start
checking in the pigpen and duck/geese pens and all the storage area this
store has behind it.  A man came over a told us we weren't suppose to be
back there.  Carla asked him if he'd seem a ferret in spanch(sp) he told her
no.  I ask if he'd seem a white ( at this piont I held my hands out) long,
ferret?  Again no.  He lelf and we continued to search, about the only thing
I found was a mouse.

Caral went back to check on our car, they were wide open in a bad
neiborhood.  I continue the search and prayed.  The guy came over and told
me white, held out his hands) I followed him into a workshop.  Another guy
walked in and I thought "ooops", but if she was in there I was going to find
her.  They start looking around.  As I started to move toward were they were
looking, out of the coner of my eye I caught a flesh of white.  I turn to
that side and guess what I found.  You get it the missing, "sick" ferret.
The guy that came got me asked, as I was holding her tightly to my chest,
"is it a rat"

The moral, if you need it spell out, is NEVER, ever trust a ferret. Even if
it looks like it knocking on deaths door, don't trust them.

Her name is Hestia, she doing fine now.  It so going, but she a very subborn
ferret(more so than the other three).

Well, I thought I would tell you about your great white hunt.
Night all.