From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 07:38:22 -0800
I once had two really cute rats and one really cute ferret, and one day my
roommate decided to introduce them to each other.  The result was that my
ferret, Zooey, lunged at my rat, Ed, and removed one of the claws on his
back feet and Ed responded by lunging into Zooey's nose and drawing blood.
This was with a cage between the two.  Needless to say, they did not become
fast friends.  That may have been a Zooey-thing; she also bit the nose of a
really extremely cute 10 week old dalmation puppy and wouldn't let go, even
after the puppy started screaming.

I have seen pictures of ferrets and rodents together, so maybe it depends on
the individual ferret...

I have a question about ferrets and carpets: I recently decided to move
downstairs b/c the downstairs had no carpet.  Well, like a fool, I notified
the landlord that the tiles downstairs were completely trashed (popping up),
which they were, but the result will be: new carpet.  Grrr.  My question is,
if a ferret uses the carpet as a bathroom, what is a method to remove said
result from the carpet successfully?  The landlord has told me my new carpet
(oh yay) will be a lovely shade of grey.  Also, will plastic laid down in
the corners successfully deter a ferret from scratching, or will they just
move to the nearest carpet?