Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 02:44:32 -0500
I have a happy report for my 2 newest kids.  Sable a brown/butterscotch and
rascal a cream/black panda/mitt both 1 & 1/2 year old are on the mend and
ready for adoption.  When I got them 39 days ago they looked near death.
The owners had been feeding them hamster feed.  I have never seen thinner
ferrets.  Rascal has gained 17 ounces in a month!  He is the longest I have
ever seen at 29 & 1/2" from nose to tip of tail.  Sable gained 6 ounces and
is one of the smallest at 20 & 1/4".  I use iams kitten, purina kitten,
science diet kitten, and totally ferret in my blend.  Using this blend i
have yet to have to force feed, or have a healthy ferret turn his nose to
it.  I have found high fat content is just as important as protein.  REN's
shelter is in Abilene Texas and the only place to get a ferret for 120
miles in any direction.  Thus we only get about 4 to 8 a year.  I am on the
ferret lovers of texas shelter list.

Ron Konstantin