From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 17:42:27 -0800
As one of the people who has two wonderful fuzzies that I smuggled in to
CACA Land, I must respond.  My ferrets are well cared for and are one of the
major joys in my life.  I can hardly wait to get home and play with them or
watch their antics with the dog and cat.  I do not allow strangers near
them.  While I would love to be able to take them outside, I would not risk
their safety... but I brought them in to the State knowing that would be a
restriction.

I do not agree with the person that took Winston in public.  I think he has
been lucky so far but I certainly would not want to risk either of my guys
for a principal even if it is a noble one.

On the whole I would say that it is fine to have ferts in this state.  There
are vets that can be trusted and a network of caring people that love and
support these special animals.  It is unfortunate that they are illegal but
I would certainly encourage anyone in this state to get one as long as you
will love it, protect it, can care for it properly.

[MN]