From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:11:49 -0700
Millie,

>The first Rainbow Ferret got adopted today to Nancy in La. She is a...

I thought the ADV testing hadn't been completed yet - why are ferrets
going out when folks don't know if everyone (including the ferrets in
the shelter) are negative? Was this little one vaccinated, chipped and
altered already, as well?

>All ferrets will be vaccinated, spayed/neutered, and microchipped
>before they leave. Those wanting to adopt can contact me privately
>for an adoption application and we will see what we can do about
>transportation.

What about ADV testing? You had said that all ferrets, including those
in your shelter, were going to be ADV tested before anyone was placed.

I'm very glad they are getting homes, but they should continue to be
quarantined until all ADV testing is done, at the very least.

Mary
Ferret Council, AFA representative