From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:30:26 -0500
Hi all,
First I want to thank all of you for your great suggestions.  I haven't
ever gotten the problem licked but it is much better.  Tazzie was doing
great with his lympho/adrenal except that his back legs eventually had
gotten ramrod stiff, and his little bottom.  We had just ordered a
wheelchair from doggon.com at the advise of a wonderful member named
Roger.  Unfortunately Monday his front legs quit working also.  His little
neck(well he weighs almost 3 pounds still) is the only thing he can move.
His eyes are still bright and he loves to eat and drink on his own.  Well
it's Bob Church's and I hand feed him but I sure don't have to force.  He
is on pain meds to be on the safe side, you can tell his days are really
limited tho.  I am praying for a short painless passing at home.  My
Sonny passed from adrenal on Memorial day and it was a Mom I don't feel
good one morning and gone the next.  I pray for that.

As I was feeding Tazzie this morning Daddy's Baby Girl came in and
collapsed.  I grabbed the Karo and rubbed it on her gums.  I worked with
her for over 10 minutes before she came around.  I checked her sugar and
it was 45.  I was able to do this thanks to another member that had
posted about the Freestyle Gloucomater recently.  Since I still have 16
permanent rescues and alot of them with insulinoma after I read her
letter I went and got one.  It has been a godsend!

I just basically wanted everyone to know how helpful all their advise,
ideas and suggestions are on this list.  I know I don't have to freak
about anything ferret related because someone on this board has been
there done that.

Once again, thank you all for being there for each other.  It definitely
makes the passings, the emergencies,etc soo much easier.

The past 2 weeks have been filled with sadness on the board.  I think I
have cried everyday for someone and their fuzzy.`Especially the people
that keep you updated on a regular basis, YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THEIR
FUZZY WITHOUT EVEN MEETING THEM.  Condolences to all that have lost a
fuzzy family member!

Warm fuzzy hugs to you all, Lois