From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:11:17 -0500
Hi Friends,
My husband is a genius!  I've posted about Tazzie not being able to use
his hind legs for quite some time, and about how now even his front legs
don't work.  Well he has gotten a little movement back in one of the front
legs so we noticed that when we put him on our bed with the sheets off he
could get his claws into the fabric and pull himself around some.  Richard
told me to go to the carpet store and get a 6'x6' carpet that was very
plush and heavy so it wouldn't scoot.  We did this last night and put it
up against the sofa in the Fortnum.  Tazzie has made several trips around
it so far.  They're not fast, but they're the best miles he's ever gotten.
He was at the vet yesterday.  His blood results are due back at 2:30 today
but we know... His lymphnodes are really getting big around his neck now.
I just hope we can keep coming up with ideas to keep him happy till the
time comes.  BTW, thank you Sukie for the sling idea.  He made it about
20' before he got to tired to go.  His little eyes just shined.  I got
soo many kisses.

I took Wolfie with Taz to the vet.  He is the one I've posted about being
lost for 10 days a long time ago.  He also had psudamonus for over a year
along with allergies.  Anyway, the vet told me that he was not going to
get any better.  His lungs are scarred and he'll always have the breathing
problems he has today.  She's not saying he's dying, just that for as long
as he's around he'll have the breathing problems.  At least he doesn't
mind the nebulizer!  She has told me this before but I keep hopeing for
my miracle.

Koby got a free ride to the vet because when we came in from outside his
mouth and nose was WAY swollen.  He looked so strange my poor baby.  There
are 2 holes on the space between his nose and lip.

The vet thought he had gotten stung and gave him an injection for the
swelling.  This morning the swelling has went down some.  I felt so bad
for my baby.

Snowball was the last one that went with us.  2 days ago he woke up with
a hard tummy on both sides.  He was going to the bathroom just fine so I
thought get facts before you bawl.  Yeah right!  The next day it was huge.
Anyway when the vet looked at him she said "OH NO" She said his spleen is
enormous.  She took blood and it was soo thin.  She gave me some pet tinic
to build up his anemia but I'm sure hopeing some of you have some other
helpful ideas on what to feed him etc to build him up.

His blood results will be in at 2:30 to and I'm so scared.  Of the ones
that have passed 6 out of seven of them had the huge spleen and the
vicious lympho.  Please pray for my little guy.

I am so grateful for you guys.  Everyone has some idea or plan or
something that helps someone at all times.  You guys have helped me so
often and I appreciate it so much.  Thank you from the bottom of my
ferret lovin heart!  Lois

Missing my 7
Holding on as tightly as I can to my remaining 16