From:
Kate and Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 06:41:58 -0500
Morning everyone!

Putt-putt finally made it to the vet.  I went to Amherst again, because I
find the vets there to be great.

Result - there is an infection common to dogs, cats and ferrets.  That's the
one that Putt-putt has in her butt right now.  Doc asked that we keep an eye
on everyone else in the house for awhile to make sure noone else got it
(Kate and me excluded).  Putt-putt's on medication now, which we give
orally.  It's wonderful (sarcasm) giving her this stuff, as it's like giving
her hot peppers.  The reaction she has to the taste of the stuff is
disturbing (see hot peppers).  They tried to mask it with a bit of Strawberry
flavouring, but it didn't work...

We also confirmed that she hasn't been fixed.  This will be done as soon as
we can.

Kate and I miss Mindy and Lola alot.  We're starting to see some of Lola in
Buster lately.  She taught him quite a bit in the short time they had
together.  I miss their smarts.  They were the two smartest ferrets I've
known next to Thunder and Lightning.

Putt-putt was to be put up for adoption, but she and Buster have become such
wonderful buddies, that contemplating that thought is becoming difficult
because she brings a lot of joy into the household.

Finally, Gabby.  Our little "Miss" is scaring us right now.  It sounds like
she has a lung infection or has got fluid in her lungs.  She's been
'heaving' a lot trying to get the stuff out.  It stopped for a few days, but
returned in force last night.  Kate took her into the bathroom and they sat
in steam together for about 5-10 minutes.  It definitely helped.  Both Kate
and Gabby cleared their lungs a bit. ;)  She's off to the vet shortly.
(Gabby, not Kate)

The music gig I had on the weekend was a success considering the constraints
in time we had preparing for it.

Best regards,

Rob and Kate Adlers in Toronto, Canada
with Gabby, Jill, Buster, Putt-Putt and Samson