From:
Kate and Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 19:47:09 -0400
Howdy one and all,

Well, still no sign of Mindy or Lola.

We have another lost ferret in our possession at this moment though.  The
furrkid was named Julie by one of the children at the house that found her,
but we found Put-Put suits her.  She's a chocolate sable, and very young.
How young, we're not sure, but she's eating like a horse.  She was found
south west of our area (10 minute drive) by the family dog.  No kidding!

The dog found her in the back yard, and carried her into the house in it's
mouth, and the two slept together on the floor.  The owners contacted PJ's
at Yorkdale and Shawnee called us.

Shawnee, Randy was a little bewildered when you asked for his name, hence
the wrong name and number.  They did call us though, as you expected.She's a
smaller chocolate sable (definitely smaller than Mindy) with a white nose
patch.

Stan's done a search in her area with no reports or posters.  I've
advertised her in the Toronto Sun, registered her with the York region
Animal Control and Humane Society.  Put-Put has a slightly prolapsed rectum,
which shows a little imflamation, but that might be from bad foods.  The
other issue is her rear legs are straightening out.  We took her to the vet
last night and got anti-inflamatory cream for her bum.  It appears to be
working, although going to the bathroom puts it right back out with a little
bleeding.  Stools and urine are normal.

As to the girls, I'll have to make another poster tack-up this week/weekend
sometime.  I could use help this round.  I made up new posters, and will run
off more copies.  Judith, Paige, Craig.... help is requested for this
venture.  I have a second staple gun, but I'll need to see if it can use the
staples I purchased for the first one.  We'll have to hit a bigger area this
time.  I now realize the girls could have travelled far.

TTC feedback was a negative this last week (thank God!).  The rep. there was
really great, and did keep me updated as to what they've found on the tracks
and in the tunnels.

We've had three calls so far with no match.  What is this?  Ferret escape
season?  Are they having a harvest party this year?

Keeping a positive mind....

Rob and Kate Adlers - Toronto, ON