From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:42:38 -0400
Ahhhh, the days of summer..........

A favorite comic book, crossword puzzle, Oreo cookies, homemade brownies,
chewing gum.......remember those old care packages sent to you at summer
camp.  Or perhaps it was a surprise package that arrived in those first
weeks at college.  Do you remember what they contained?  Do you remember
what they made you feel?

Living away for the first time in school I remember the boxes.  The
delight in recieving them.  I would treasure the box for hours before
opening it (to my roomates's agony), just living off the excitement of
receiving it.  Then I would open it and each item would please me to have
been thought of: brownies from my Aunt Marie, school supplies from Mom
with a photo of Inca our precious family dog included along with a cuddly
stuffed animal.  Although they slowed over the years, I never outgrew the
delight in receiving them, in being thought of and cared for.  I don't
think anyone does!

Lately we have heard of a lot of shelters that are in dire need, please
let's let then know that they are not alone in their efforts and that
we care for them and the work they do.  Sometimes it's that unexpected
kindness that helps us get through a day that is so hard, that stranger
reaching out that reminds us we're not alone in our little corner of the
world.  If we could send a few items that help them care for the ferrets
and let them know we care about them, it could make that happy difference
for a shelter operator.  Remember the caring inside that little brown
box, don't you want to help create that?!

If you would like to be involved in the We Care Packages with SOS please
e-mail me at [log in to unmask] (please with We Care, Packages, or
SOS in the subject).

You can request a shelter to receive a package, sign up to send a box to
a shelter in need (or your favorite), send a small donation to go towards
items for a group box, or send an item to be included.  Anything would
be helpful and be appreciated.  A ferret toy or treat, some bedding, a
special card for a shelter operator, a ferret mug or T-shirt for them to
use, a picture of your own ferrets, a ferret gift certificate.  Anything
to make up some special boxes for some special shelters!

We know you care, please help us show these shelters that we all care!!

Dooks
Risa