From:
"Lisa A. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 11:52:47 -0400
Hello Everyone!

This summer we will be traveling, unfortunately this will contain a large
amount of driving.  We are going from TX to Florida.  Staying in Florida for
a week.  Then from Florida to CT and back to TX again.  We do not want to
have to subject our 2 fuzz butts too such a long ride especially since it
will be so hot out.  Anyways...we decided we will probably bring them back
to shelter here in TX where we got them just so they can watch them while we
are gone so we know they will be well taken care of, and then pick them up
when we get back.  So that wasnt too much of a problem (although we will
miss them soooo much)...but we have a quesition on what will happen after
that.  You see, when we get back to TX, we will be moving which involves
driving again.  It will take at least 5-7 days to get there.  And again, we
dont want to have to make them suffer through a long drive in the heat etc.
I am going to have my husband drive out there with his brother...and I am
going to fly out there hopefully with our 2 ferts.  Ok enough babbling...I
will get to the point...here are the two questions (1) The first airline I
called doesnt allow ANY PETS at all.  Is this true of alot of airlines now??
And they also said airlines that do allow pets charge you a regular airline
ticket price for their flight.  Like they are taking up a seat a human would
be sitting in, the poor things get shoved in the luggage dept or something.
We cant afford to pay an extra $500 dollars or so for their own ticket.  Is
there a way to keep them with me if i have them in a small carrier?  (2)
Ferrets are illegal in the state I will be flying into.  How I am I supposed
to get them into the airport?  Do they actually stop you when you get there
and check the pet carrier to see what is in there when you arrive?  Or do
they stop you from the state you are departing from due to your destination.
Is there a way to fly them in?  We are really attached to our little fuzzies
and don't want to have to give up.  If all else fails we will just have to
drive with them.  Please reply directly to my email adress ASAP:
[log in to unmask] if you have any suggestions on long travels.

Thanks,
Lisa