Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:38:22 -0800
Hi Pat,

Have you had Boo x-rayed to eliminate the possibility of any
aggravating partial blockage already? Constant chewing can be an
indication that the ferret is in pain. IF she is clear from blockage,
then its likely a psychological need. Personally I'd offer her a
chicken neck, or at least some freeze dried or jerky meat. Even a
raw bone from a drumstick or chicken wing will often satisfy their
need to chew. Her teeth are white because she is chewing.

Chewing and gnawing should be allowed to ferrets as long as it is done
with healthy items.

As for the rubber bath mat - even with my natural fed ferrets, I had
to remove the mat. Some things are just too attractive and available
for the ferrets to resist!

Good luck!
Cheers,
Kim