From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 08:02:00 -0700
Here is your weekly update on the Lost Ferrets website.

There are currently five lost ferrets and seven found ferrets listed on the
site.  None of the lost ferrets are new listings since last week.  They are
as follows:

Sugar Baby, from Indianapolis is still missing since January.  Hardley
Dizzy, from Portland, OR has not been found yet either.  Also still on the
site are Peepers, from San Jose, CA, Bandett from Stroudsburg, PA.  and
Sprite, a female sable in Centerville, IA.

Sugar Baby and Hardley Dizzy have been missing over a month now, Sugar Baby
for several.  I'm sure words of encouragement to both their mommas would be
much appreciated.  You can find their email addresses at the website.

There are seven found ferrets on the site, three of them new.  One of the
new ones is in the Beavercreek/Riverside, OH area, another in Chesapeake,
VA, and the third in Newark, NJ.  We still have one of the listings I
posted from KiSta Ferret Shelter.  The other two have been removed.  A
ferret was found wandering the road near Newport, OR.  The Pacific Ferret
Shelter Network has information on this ferret.  And, a ferret was found in
the Whitley area of Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom.  There is also a
foundling in Farmington Hill, MI.  Also, the dear foundling in Escondido,
CA was reunited with its family!

If you have any information you think might be helpful in any of these lost
and found cases, please make sure you contact the appropriate party.  You
can find all these listings, including ocntact information at:
www.geocities.com/lostferrets

The May contest is going well.  We have had quite a few entries, and I
keep getting more every day.  This week's form location is easy to find,
so check it out!

Sorry this one is so long, but I would like to add a personal note to
this update.  Since I started this website, I have been astounded by the
response from the ferret community, from shelters and organizations to
individuals with a simple love of the little dears.  What a great group of
people you all are!!  I have never been involved in such a large community
of people who are so ready to jump up and help when they can, even in their
small part.  Differing opinions and all, this is by far the most in-general
caring group of people I have had the privilage to come in contact with.
All of the notes I have received about the website, thanking me for doing
it, and all of the suggestions I have gotten for improving it are much
appreciated.  But in reality, I should be the one thanking you,for
welcoming me, my little dears, my little project, et al, into your fold!!
Have a great day, and dooks and kisses to all the little ones!!!

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets