From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:13:20 -0700
Hi folks!!

This is Melissa, of Lost Ferrets, and the Weasel Squad.  At this time I
would like to post my first of what I will try to make weekly updates on
the status of Lost Ferrets.  Currently we have 4 lost ferrets, and 2 found
ferrets listed on the site.  Two of the lost ones were added only this
weekend, one in San Jose, CA, and one in East Stroudsburg, PA.  Another is
for Hardley Dizzy, the darling lost one in Portland, OR who's worried mama
posted here several times.  The fourth lost listing is for Sugar Baby, who
was lost way back in January in Indianapolis.  The two found listings are
both New Jersey foundlings in the hands of Kim Rushing at KiSta Ferret
Shelter.  These may have been adopted out since the ads were placed, but
just in case, they are still up on the site.  Please visit the site at:
www.geocities.com/lostferrets/list.html
to view the listings.

Also, I would like to make another plea for articles on ferret-proofing or
what to do when you lose or find a ferret.  These would be listed under the
respective sections on the site.  I only have a couple.  As many as I can
get would be appreciated, by myself, those who lose their dear and need the
help, and the lost ones themselves!  Take some time to browse the site, and
if you live in the area of the lost ones, or know who the foundlings may
be, please make contact!!!  One last thing: this lost ferret site will only
work if it has good exposure.  That means links from other ferret webpages,
and also as many people as I can get to bookmark it and check it daily or
as often as possible.  So, I am thinking up some incentives, form exchange
of links and/or services to maybe some homemade items, particulary jewelry,
as I am a jeweler.  So, if you want to exchange links, just let me know,
and I will try to add something to one of the pages as incentive to check
it regulary.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Melissa and the Weasel Squad