From:
Angela Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:19:33 -0400
Well it has been awhile for us to post as things are busy for us at
Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S. Yes we made the AJC newspaper Sunday edition
Metro Section Major Cover story and a few addition a continuing through
out the D section of the Metro Atlanta Journal Constitution. Local
support has been good but still not enough, and well after the story
well we have quite a few more intakes coming over the story which will
bring us way above our 54 current numbers of intakes.

We are reaching out to the ferret communities as far as we can for
please some help of some items. For the local Georgians that read We
need Newspapers!!!!! Where ever you can get them. We use this for our
Litter. (Lower health risks for the ferrets. And easier to clean. If
you collect them at least and are with in the Metro Atl area email
with address and phone numbers to contact and we will collect them on
Mondays weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on arrangements we can
make.

A couple of years ago we receive these high quality sllep sack and busy
play crafted hammocks that well if anyone knows who they are we are
wanting to contact them.

Volunteers? If any locals want to volunteer with major shelter
cleanings we do this third Sunday of every month. Now some volunteers
have refused because large groups want to come out. Our total living
space is only 782 Square ft in the interior and we can not just simply
tale out all ferrets and clean at once. And not enough dpace for large
grouping but groups of three please email us.

Donations we really could use any amount of financial donations of
assistance to our shelter operations. We are a no-kill ferret shelter,
with exceptions of the knowing when to say when clause. However we
do not adopt out special needs or medical needed ferrets (Adrenal,
Lymphoma, Insulinoma, and ones from abused cases with injuries. So
vet costs are climbing and we could use some additional donations of
financial support.

Make checks out to Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S. and mail them in to:

Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S.
Valerie Smith
Angela Smith
443 Patterson Avenue
Scottdale, Georgia 30079

And finally we are making an Outcry for the AFA or a event to be held
in Atlanta for raising funds for both Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S. and Ferret
Business of Georgia. There may be other rescues listed but efforts
actual doing their part or being what they say they are My intake
records reflect otherwise. And well I know between the two shelters
here I mentioned we take in the majority and are effortless trying to
cover our areas and state however is a never ending tasks. And the
donations never match the needs of operations of any shelter.

Timers are getting rough for us as all out yard tools, other personal
items have sold toi meet the needs of the ferrets. Anyone will to do
yard work volunteering it would be a blessing. Especially weed eating
and trimming. Plus well I hope things with FBOG are better than ours
right now? But have not heard much in a while? What if any can we plan
for a ferret fest fundraiser at one of the major parks in Atlanta? Any
outside ferret support groups out there for us rescues willing to help
out? Create something or sponsor? Bring awareness out more clearly
and forefront? Give a event so the two of our rescue can sort of
communicate with current arising issues in Georgia? And this impulse
buys?

We would really like to establish bi-monthly events around Atlanta for
both being out more and getting information out on both organizations?
We are both tight on funds but this is something we have to get going
soon. The markets here and spending is increasing and the downfall is
dwindled away. Maybe if Bob C? And some other comes to the events

But please ferret lovers abroad please help the slightest to our cause!
Thank You and God Bless! And Bill Gruber any chance for a Atlanta
visit? If any such event can be established. You are a very major
contributor to the ferret communities all over and this is the MVP
Mailing lists connecting so many!

Regards,
Valerie Nicole Smith
President/Founder