From:
Joanne Brigham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:50:44 -0400
It is true that ozone cleaners basically work by dropping particulates to
the floor, furniture, etc.  (I used to sell air cleaners, and have owned
several brands).  The air may be (or at least *smell*) cleaner from the
ozone, but the "dirt" is still there.  If you have small children (and/or
ferrets), they are crawling around on all the smoke, dust, etc, that the
ozone cleaner dropped out of the air!  And it is also true that high
amounts of ozone are suspected of being hazardous to humans.  Filters may
be a nuisance and expense, but only an air cleaner with a filter truly
*removes* dirt from the air and the room.  There are air cleaners available
with electronic, washable, permanent filters -- I have an Oreck air cleaner
in both my family/ferret room, and our bedroom.  There are other brands
out there, as well.  As much as I love my fuzzies, and as often as I clean
their living space, I need the air cleaner to make our house not smell like
"wow!  you must have ferrets!"

Joanne

I'd rather be in a boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink
with a boat on the rocks!