From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:34:43 -0400
Warp's (6 year and a some months old MF) growth is a cyst.  Whew!  She
even liked having it drained.  Given some of the alternatives that it
could have been (like melanoma) we are very, very greatly relieved.  Made
it a good day.

Meeteetse (8 year old MF) is starting to drink less than she should.  In
humans it's not usual at advanced age for thirst to be mistaken for hunger
and there definitely is the chance that she is doing the ferret equivalent.
She's certainly eating enough, so she is having some assisted drinking now,
just to make sure she gets enough.  We're also looking into a wheelchair
for her for if her leg problems get that bad.  You should see how she
enjoys life since the pain meds twice a day for her spinal tumor.  She
loves using the tube-tube, and works herself up to an actual trot, plays
with the others, and loves it when Seven of Six jumps over her back and
forth.  I know that her health problems sound terrible but she still
enjoys life, and so she gets chance as long as she wants a chance.

Because there has been a possible mechanism for an increase in
cardiomyopathy risk posed for those who have had severe vaccine reactions
Jumper (5 year and some months old PV) will be having ultrasounds sometimes
just as a precaution, so that any chance is caught early enough to give
maximal chance of him having long quality time.

Everyone else is doing just fine.  Glueball is a pile of non-stop kisses
and barrier digging, Scooter loves to have his spleen massaged and to talk
while he's kissing, Ashling rules the universe and thrives on her Pred and
Florinef for the double adrenal, and Seven of Six thinks she should rule
but settles for kisses and jumping back and forth over Meeteetse while
Meeteetse walks around as well as playing carnival ride when I spin her
in Scooter's giant "hamster" ball.

(You should have seen how completely we tore the place up removing
anything Ashling might chew the fabric from when she got her blockage;
I was crawling back and forth on hands and knees under them to get past
the mattresses we pulled off the bed.  Mommy tube-tube game!  Hey, we were
even reaching under and behind things with yardsticks and trowels...)