From:
Andre Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 10:33:02 -0400
Hi Ivan,

I think that the ferret mask is not a question of age (other mailers may
correct me if I'm wrong). I've already seen 2 to 6 months old ferrets with a
clear and visible masks and some others with no mask at all. Also, I have seen
a ferret with no mask for the first year of his life and, suddenly (well it
seems suddenly for me because I have not see him for 5 months), on the second
year, a mask appeared.

The season may change the color of the fur too. In winter, the fur become
lighter and the mask is less visible than in summer.

Also, I have noticed that the mask has a tendency to disapear when the ferret
is older (6-7 years or more). I don't know if it is general for all ferret
(like gray hairs for human) ? May be someone else may answer the latter.

So, it is possible that one ferret have no noticable mask for all his life.

--
                           Andre Beauchamp
[log in to unmask] (use this one first)