From:
Nina Janes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 08:41:25 -0600
Sox, a big, Beautiful, Silver Mit male has died. He belonged to a dear
friend who loved him very much, but Sox was a constant towel eater. He
always passed all that he ingested but two days ago he vomited lots of
towel, and the next morning he was listless, would not eat or run. He just
sat quietly in my friend's arms looking very sad. He was given barium and
x-rays were taken that morning. The vet was going to wait until the next
morning to see if Sox could pass the blockage, but Sox died that afternoon,
within 24 hours of ingesting the towel. It all happened so quickly. We
burried Sox yesterday and it will take a long time for the pain and guilt
(Sox was always kept far away from towels, but not always successfully) to
go away. I wish the vet had acted more agressively and performed surgery
immediately. Sox, we miss you.

I have three lovable fuzzies of my own, and luckily they have never shown
any interest in eating cloth. Snowshoe, my 3 month old, however, will eat
(at least steal) pasta, chile, beans, ice cream, pudding, KitKats, muffin
with jam.....he has a real sweet tooth and does not get these very often and
then just a taste.

Nina Janes
Colorado Springs, CO