From:
Laryssa Nyland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:57:49 -0700
I was wondering how insane this idea is, but here goes:

I have heard that domestic animals are property in the US and in all
states. Ferrets are domesticated, although California treats them as
"wild". Um, if it's our right to own domesticated animals, and there
is no proof that wild ferrets can live in the US, then why can't there
be some sort crazy lawsuit filed against the state of California? Or
a class action perhaps, by all the people who have had their animals
confiscated....

I do not understand how there is so little turnout and so little
cohesion within the supposedly largest group of ferret owners in any
state, in California. Not about the crazy lawsuit idea but just in
general, their response to meetings, events, clubs, and legalization
efforts.

I came here thinking there would be something I could help with or
do, but it seems there is nothing that I can do that will help.

Laryssa