From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 10:57:48 +0100
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem with a neutered hob.  Last
year Daniel decided that he was entire male, he had been neutered for over
3 years.  His brother ended up with a very sore neck.  I took Daniel to the
vet and he was given a shot of the drug (I forget the name of it) that was
used for dogs that have this problem - it didn't really improve matters all
that much.

Daniel, a polecat coloured ferret, now stinks like a hob in season, he is
dribbling urine, the lighter parts of his coat have taken on an orange
tint.  The last time I took him to the vet he was examined for any
infection to his penis and sheath but everything was OK in that department.

My vet has contacted another vet (a recognised expert) to ask him if he had
any experience regarding hormonal imbalance in a neutered hob.  His opinion
was that Daniel was being affected by his sister Dax being entire.  No way,
he was attracted to his brother not Dax at the outset of his problem.  Dax
was removed from the family group for over 3 months when she had a bad back
but Daniel's condition remained the same.

Has anyone any ideas what is wrong with Daniel and what is the treatment?

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.