From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:58:53 +0100
Daniel my five y.o. poley hob died yesterday (the 15th) at the vets.  Ant,
the vet, had his instructions that if he found that Daniel was too bad to
for surgery he was to let him go.  Apparently Daniel had a massive tumour
that was compressing his bladder hence the dribbling of urine.  One thing
that did puzzle the vet was that Daniel wanted to mate, it sort of masked
the real trouble.

Daniel died on what would have been Ron's birthday.  Ron passed away on the
31st May - I'm still trying to come to terms with his loss... Having the
all the ferrets to look after does help in a way, you can't just sit back,
the ferrets need me...

I also lost one my lads when I was on holiday in Devon, Sparky went to
sleep one evening and just didn't wake up the following morning.  I only
hope he's been able to find the others that have gone to RB as he was
buried down in Devon.

I've been hearing reports of a so called UK ferret welfare/rescue that is
or is intending to undertake an extensive breeding programme.  There is
another rescue that has over 100 ferrets that are looking for good homes
and this clown wants to breed more... Sounds like it's a waste of time
the 'real' welfares trying to persuade ferret keepers to have their jills
brought out of season using jill jabs or vasectomised hobs and then we hear
of another so called welfare that is undermining all the work we are trying
to do...

BTW I and Ulrike are still waiting for information about the NEW National
Ferret Welfare Society... does such a society exist or is it a figment of
a fertile imagination?

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.