From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:02:50 -0400
Hi,

As a long-time vegetarian and supporter of animal rights, I was very
interested to read the claims of "Dr." Eric Weisman regarding a holistic,
vegan diet and the phenomenal age (13.5 years) he claims for his ferret
and others, due largely to a plant-based diet.

It is unquestionably true that the factory farm-style meat industry
employs chemicals proven to be harmful both to the animals and to humans,
as well as horrific living conditions and unnecessarily painful deaths
for the animals.

This, however, is not a discussion on vegetarianism or animal rights.
I wanted to do a little checking on Dr. Weisman and post some of what I
found.  While I very much wish that his arguments for a plant-based diet
for ferrets were true, it's very clear that the claims Dr. Weisman is
making about himself (including the fact that he's a doctor) are not
true.

Here are some interesting links - the first one describes the suspension
of his chiropractic license in the state of Minnesota.  I guess he's also
offered acupuncture services, and his request for a massage (acupressure)
license to be operated out of the Evolution company offices was denied by
the city of St Paul:

http://www.state.mn.us/ebranch/oah/aljBase/602015383.FDG.htm

Here are links for the Northwestern Health Sciences University, which
does not even offer doctoral degrees in its curriculum:

http://www.uscollegesearch.org/northwestern-health-sciences-university.html

Northwestern Health Sciences University
Minnesota College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
2501 West 84th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55431 US

http://www.nwhealth.edu/edprogr/chiro.html#