From:
Kim Vanderlaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:11:45 -0400
>Thank you for your interest regarding ferret health and well being I
>think you are well intentioned but you have had no experience feeding
>ferrets a strict vegetarian diet that is high in plant based proteins
>(30%) and high in pure vegetable oil (14%) with added live
>prodigestive bacteria, enzymes and added protein isolates with higher
>than normal doses of vitamin supplements.  We have 18 years of
>experience...

Hi,

I found this to be quite disturbing information.  I thought I'd do
just a little checking...

The "expert" who wrote this letter to Ireann is a (human) hypnotherapist
in Saint Paul, MN.  I'm unclear on exactly how this qualifies him to
comment on animal health and nutrition.  Or is his qualification that he
calls himself "doctor" (I am also unclear on what kind of qualifications
are required for a hypnotherapist, but I don't believe an actual medical
degree is - at least not in most states)?  It seems to me that he may be
using the term "doctor" in conjunction with this pet food simply to give
legitimacy to something that otherwise has none.

This company's advertising and claims are also pretty aggressive in
tone.  This sort of thing always makes me suspicious of both the
accuracy of the information and the integrity of the company itself.

This sounds very irresponsible to me.

Thank you Ireann, for bringing it to our attention!

Kim
Fuzzy Follies Ferret Rescue
Lakeland, FL Branch