From:
ShocknIn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:52:09 EST
I want to thank everyone who sent me e-mails with ideas & suggestions on
how to put weight on this little guy.  I am most appreciative of any and
all ideas.

I named my new little charge Angelo but we call him Angel.  The vet said
outside of being severly underweight ( he weights less than a pound) he
seems to be ok.  He is an adult but we donot have any idea of his age but
due to lack of tartar on his teeth she thinks he is under 3 years old; no
guarantee however.  The slight hair loss on his tail may indicate some
adrenal problem but he had no papable masses at all.  We discussed the
adrenal concern and in several weeks we will be doing the test for adrenal
cancer ( this is an expensive test & she felt right now we need to get his
weight up watch him and if he shows futher signs of adrenal problems within
the next 2 weeks then we will pursue it.  ) She has placed Angel on a high
calorie diet and we are going to do weekly weights.  Please keep your
fingers crossed.  A good sign, he is eating and playing and seems very
alert.  His stools are normal appearing and he is urinating just fine.  A
bonus he is using the litter box no problem :-).

I will keep you all updated.  Thanks again for all your help and suggetions
and keep them coming.  You all are truly the best.

Sincerly,
Brian, keekee, Mokey, & Angelo.