From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 18:15:33 -0600
Dear FML
Warning!  Cute Ferret Story Ahead!  I am getting caught up on my FML reading
(am up to Dec.5 now) and just wanted to share a cute ferret story.  I
recently wrote one of those introductory thingies... I am Dawn, ferrets are
Thelma, Laweasel, Beetle, and Attica.

O.K.  This is the story... About a week ago I was cleaning up my son's room.
He has this huge box of stuffed animals.  I dragged the box into the living
room just as "ferret happy hours" was beginning.  My pretty girl Thelma has
always had a fetish for stuffed animals.  She keeps them in a neat pile in
the filing cabinet drawer where the ferrets nap.  When I dumped out the
humongous pile of stuffed animals she went into a very strange behavior.
She sniffed each and every one from head to toe, gently moving through the
pile.  About 5 hours later she had created about 8 "nests." There was no
particular order to her sorting.  The filing cabinet drawer was full, there
were two little piles of stuffed animals under the desk, and one at each
corner of the big king sized bed.  When I finally put an end to her
obsession she was in the process of carrying mouthfuls of TF to each pile.
The final pile was where I had dumped the animals, these she had rounded up
into a little mound.  She was not carrying individual pieces of food, she
was literally carrying mouthfuls of food.  Laweasel, Beetle, and Attica had
long since gone to sleep (after their typical 2-3 hour romp).

Thelma is about 10 months old, she's spayed, and she's the wild one.  That
night she didn't play wildly as usual, she was far too busy taking care of
the "babies." Her behavior was absolutely adorable, but I decided that we'd
better return the box of stuffed animals to my son's room.  She was very
concerned about the stuffed animals, and I don't think that taking care of
that many babies leaves her much time for playing (I can relate!).  The
tag-on to the story is that on Christmas Eve when the presents were under
the tree she was at it again.  She seemed almost psychic, she knew which
presents were stuffed animals, and tried to drag all of them off, and "free"
the poor trapped "babies." I love all of my little weezils, Thelma has a
special place in my heart though, this is the same mischevious girl who nips
all feet, and ankles, and thinks that the best activity is chasing my son
around the house!=20

Happy dooking to my FML family, and thank you for letting me ramble on.

Dawn