From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:48:22 -0400
--
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=448

>"professor" had adrenal surgery within the last year. he's doing
>fine...perhaps

a bit o' residual agression, but that isn't new. :)  he now has a marble
sized lump directly under one of his nipples.  it's completely blue; our
vet thinks figures it's in a vein.  any information from anyone who might
have had a critter with a similiar lump, looking especially for
successful results of removal?

This is one that I would like to see, and would be happy to do the path
on for you at no charge.  It is likely some form of apocrine sweat gland
tumor, and very possibly a mammary tumor (yes, males get them too.) Most
of these tumors are benign, but rarely you get a bad actor that is
malignant and will metastasize to internal nodes and eventually to
organs.  If it is hard and freely movable under the skin, that's a good
sign.

While I can't guarantee success, the odds are certainly in your favor -
but let's not push the envelope.
With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM

http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/ (Easily searched FHL archives)