From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:52:34 -0400
--
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=449

>I have a DEW, male, 6yr old, that has a huge liver tumor. He was given to
>me from an animal shelter that didn't know what to do with him. His
>abdomen is very hard, he's eating, drinking, active. He has started to
>loose his hair on the side of his abdomen in a circular pattern. I assume
>this is where the tumor actually is. Has anyone experience with this sort
>of thing? Due to the size of the tumor, I believe it is attached to the
>tumor, but around the spleen and some other organs, surgery is not an
>option.

The size, location, and hair loss all point to this tumor being an
malignant adrenal tumor.  About 50% of "liver tumors" are actually
metastatic adrenocortical carcinomas, and these signs and symptoms all
point to it.  Of course, without a biopsy or examination at autopsy we
may never know for sure.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM

http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/ (Easily searched FHL archives)