Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:13:37 -0700
I have been quiet.  I have kept my mouth shut, but now feel that I must
speak up.  This whole debate over retailers taking products off the
shelves must cease.  Asking the Ferret Store to remove Yogi Treats from
their shelves is like asking Giant to remove cookies and junk food from
their shelves.  Are these nutritious foods?  Probably not.  BUT as long
as people continue to buy and consume them, the retailers will continue
to sell them.

The power in controlling what is being sold lies in educating ferret
people.  What they do with that education is up to them.  Even with an
education of what is and is not nutritious for our furry friends, they
may still decide to purchase ferret junk food.  Remember folks, this is
the good ol USA.  If you start to place restrictions like this on small
business and their freedom to run said business, where does it stop?
It's very similar to the censorship of music that started with good ol
Tipper years ago.  We have the freedom to decide what to buy and what not
to buy.  What to feed our furkids and what not to feed them.  The Ferret
Store has a right to sell what they want.  They are not the bad guys
here.

Remember: Education=good choices=healthy ferret.  Bottom line.

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator, Medical Intuitive
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Authorized Distributor of Timmy's Tonic