From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:20:41 -0700
You know....I have gotton so many messages from people wanting to
help!  Everyone watching this just feels helpless and they WANT to
do something!!  But the plain and simple truth is that unless you
are a trained rescue person - there is nothing you can do!

Something as simple as sending money or bedding and supplies help to make
people feel like they are helping - it helps to take the helplessness
away!

Anyone who watches TV knows that there are hundreds of agencies helping
people and millions and millions of dollars being donated!  Even the
Animal Rescues are getting huge amounts of donations!!  People and
animals will be helped - it's just going to take time!  But, we still
have to wait and watch, and feel helpless!

We, here, on this list - we are the ferret lovers.  The past week, all
I have to do is look at mine and my eyes tear up.  I thank God they
are safe and warm, with fresh food and water, soft bedding and their
stuffies!  Then my heart aches for the ones who are not - just as I know
there are many, many other hearts aching, too!  We aren't trained/skilled
rescuers - there is nothing we can do - but we still want to help!

So, I say - if you can donate a little money, sew some bedding, send
supplies for a care package, run a raffle, donate good to a raffle, sell
an item - DO IT!!  If you just prefer to sit back and do nothing - that's
fine, too!  *I* just don't sit back very well and judging from the many,
many messages I have gotten from people wanting to help, I don't think a
lot of other FML'ers do either!

Judy Cooke - not speaking for anyone or any organization -