Date:
Sat, 26 May 2007 12:39:19 EDT
[Moderator's note: This response surprised me and it would not have
made the FML, except that Sukie further clarified her post, so perhaps
there was communication already. BIG]

First things first SUKIE why did you feel necessary to send me an email
questioning my post and also send it to the group, Sounds to me you are
looking for a fight on the forum, You need to understand I do not know
you personally and I have never questioned you publicly on any post you
listed on the FML or Yahoo,Regardless to what is was or how important
it was,I have more respect for you as a person and a fellow ferret
person

Well it is kind of hard to tell if you are truly interested or trying
to make yourself out to be smarter than my 2 vets,I am aware of the
products that were recalled, Please take what I am saying the wrong way
But Killer ment a lot to alot of people,the vet has asked to keep the
body and run more tests...etc for several different agencies which I do
not who they are. All I know is the owner (Chett and Myself)since I was
the orginal last know owner before Chett adopted had to sign a release
for the tests to be done and the results to given out, When that is
complete the the body is to be shipped to Atlanta for more testing by
Chenango Valley Pet Foods reps , he is supposed to receive copies and
he has promised me that I could have copies so to let the rest of the
ferret community know, I understand that they said they suspected there
may be a problem that was the reason for the recall but since they
were notified by the vet they have been asking and requesting all the
medical and history on killer,The vet,owner and myself (shelter) are
being very cooperative and the owner has informed all he wants is to
make sure it doesnt happen anymore

So please understand I truly do not know everything yet butI DO KNOW
WHAT THE CAUSE OF DEATH WAS ,and I am not trying to pussyfoot around
and try to make myself sound smarter and try to put anyone else down
for there post. (AND I AM NOT VET,BUT I HAVE SEVERAL GREAT ONES I work
with,and since I trust them and I did not go to school to be a vet ,I
trust them whole heartedly.

I will make it public on the forum and to all groups I can find,I do
know that Walmart is one of there biggest suppliers of all sizes of 8
and 1 and three of the stores here have taken all 8 and 1 including
Ultimate off the shelves and are wating for new/current product
shipments. Myself I personally Do Not Use 8 and 1 and if a ferret comes
in and has been eating that I make it a point to get it off that ,and
get it on a better food, The only advantage to using 8 and1 is you can
buy it almost anywhere,and that is not saying much. And if and when I
here more of the results I will copy and paste it in an email to the
FML.

PS THIS LINK http://homepage.mac.com/sukie/sukiesferretlinks.html on
the bottom of all emails doesn't work take a little bit of time to fix
it ,so before you point out the speck in my eye take the 2 x 4 out of
yours

Sincerely,
James Barr
Zilla's Fuzzy Friends Ferret Rescue and Shelter

[Moderator's note: http://homepage.mac.com/sukie/sukiesferretlinks.html
has always worked for me and still does. BIG]