Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:09:08 -0400
I just got a call from the Bloomfield (New Jersey) animal shelter.  They
are holding a homeless pet awareness/pet adoption day in Brookdale Park
(Montclair, NJ) on Sunday, August 26th.  It will run from approximately
noon until 5 pm.

They asked me to attend to "represent ferrets", and I said I would be
happy to.  I'd love it if some other ferret owners (ferret clubs, ferret
shelters, etc.) could make it, too!!!

The event will be outdoors in the park.  The organizers are trying to
secure tents and tables for all participants.  I told them I would consider
bringing my ferrets if the weather allows, but that ferrets are rather heat
sensitive, so I wasn't sure about that.  If somebody would like to bring
actual ferrets that are available for adoption (mine are not ..), that
would be even better.  THe "dog and cat people" will have adoptable
animals with them, and will screen potential adopters at the event.

Even if I don't bring any animals, I plan to bring handouts, and maybe a
stuffed ferret or two ... and answer any questions that I can.

So .. if anyone can make it, please let me know!  I'd be happy to provide
directions and further information.  The organizer told me there is also
further info.  at www.sheltershowcase.com.  (The sponsoring organization
is the Bloomfield Animal Shelter).

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn