From:
Donald Dittman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:05:57 -0700
Just wanted to say that I had to have Sylvia Leila Ferret put to sleep
yesterday.  She was eight years old and had never been sick until this last
March when she had to have a tooth extracted.  She slowly but surely went
downhill from there and soon developed congestive heart failure and finally
kidney problems.  I think it was the poison from her kidneys that killed
her.  It was not an easy death until I took her in and the vet's office was
not understanding at all.  They told me just to drop her off and they'd get
to her when they could.  When I said that was unacceptable they became very
brusque and said to come in then but I would have a long wait.  I refused
and was sitting holding her and crying when my mom stopped in.  She called
them back, got a friend of hers and they took us immediately.  If it hadn't
been best for Syl, I would never have gone there again.  My regular vet was
not in at his office and these people are ones I go to as a last resort,
but they've seen the last of me.  I hope that Lillian greeted Sylvia at the
Bridge.  They were always best buddies, but Syl left behind a sad lonely
buddy, Molly who can't understand what happened.

Laurel and the fuzzies minus our old girl