From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 12:59:13 -0800
Jim and Nibbles-
I had similar experiences with Scooter.  He *still* hates baths, often to
the point of losing control of his bowels, forcing me to finish the bath
in the sink.  I try everything I can think of to reassure him during
bathtime, but nothing seems to help much.  Of course, this is still the
same weasel who once waded voluntarily into the cold waters of Bellingham
Bay.

Here's an interesting story.  I have to preface it with the information
that Scooter *loves* Ace bandages.  I have several around the apt. from
when I broke my hand a few months ago, and he just goes nuts for them; if
he can find one (usually because I didn't latch the bathroom cabinet
quite securely enough) he instantly vanishes into my room with it, to
hide it under the bed for God only knows what purpose.  I don't want him
keeping them because he chews on them, and I don't want him ingesting any
elastic (or otherwise) fibers.

Anyway, last time I caught him with one, I spent several minutes amid
much hissing and violent shaking of the head getting him to let go.  The
result was a FURIOUS weasel.  I took the next fifteen minutes holding
him, petting him, talking to him, and trying to get him to calm down, but
all he would do was hiss at me and struggle.  I finally let him down and
he proceeded to rampage madly through the apartment for the rest of the
evening.  Boy, was he mad.  I just can't figure out what's so great about
Ace bandages . . .

Chris and Scooter
Bellingham, WA

        I am Ferret of Borg