From:
Ron Bohnert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:33:34 -0400
I very seldom post but I am an advid reader.

Let me tell you I have seen a female die of this and it was not peaceful.
This happened to me and a Ferret we found back in 1976.  She started by not
eating then it progressed to not being able to move her backend then it
ended with her screaming so loud that you could hear her through out the
house.  Let me tell you this Ed she did bleed.  Not just internally.  It
came out her nose and ears also.  We went to several vets but back then
around here ferrets just were not popular and every vet we went to did not
know exactly what was wrong.  Believe me it was very painful to watch
especially being 14 and not really noing what was going on.  But for you to
say it is peaceful I would have to disagree.  This was the most horrible
thing I have seen.  We put her down.  Actually we should have done it
sooner but like I said we had no idea back then of this sort of thing.  It
was not until 10 years ago when I got into Ferrets again that I really
found out what happened to her.  And now I blame us for what happened .
Even though none of us new what was going on we still should not have
waited as long as we did to put her down.