From:
"C.J. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:10:56 -0800
Hi everyone,
I received a few responses from some wonderful people who are helping
the shelter out.  Some are sending donations to our vet to help with the
vet bill.  And I only got a few responses with offers to take in some of
the shelter ferrets.  I wasn't surprised to see that all the responses
were from people in other states offering to help out.  so if I can
figure out a way to get them there I will.  I was hoping to find people
closer to Las Vegas, willing to help out the shelter, but so far no luck.
There are 4 older ferrets going to Oregon soon, as soon as we get all
the paperwork done, vet checks and health certs done, these very lucky
ferrets will have a forever home with April and Damon, long time friends
of the shelter.

To respond to a few that think this is not serious, that I'm not moving,
or whatever.  This is serious, I can not take all the shelter ferrets
that are left.  I have been debating closing the shelter for a while now
as there is very little local support and has been from day one, I was
younger and had more time and energy to do this when the shelter started,
I don't have that anymore.  Again, I was damn lucky to have the help I
did, but with mostly everyone leaving or have left, I no longer have
the time or energy to recruit new help.  I have to work and that leaves
little time but to do much else but care for the ferrets.

If you are not stepping foward because you don't personally like me or
the way I have run my shelter, then that is really sad, you are not
hurting me you are hurting the ferrets.  I know in the past some people
haven't helped 24 Carat Ferret Shelter because they don't like me, too
bad, really, not to be rude but if you can not get past that to help
ferrets, I feel bad for you , really i do.  sorry I'm getting upset but
this is hard enough without any drama taking place.

Thanks again to everyone that has stepped up to the plate to donate or
take ferrets in, you don't even know how much that means to me.  Even
the letters of support were welcome and appriciated.

Again, there are still 30 ferrets needing homes, and one in a foster
home that I will need to place.  I am going to put together a list of
the ferrets left and post them here.

If you know anyone that can help out, please cross post this message.

You guys are the best,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
702-876-8224