From:
Richard & Teresa Lombardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 15:12:20 -0400
Hi everyone,

I know everyone talks about being owned by their fuzzies, but has this ever
happened to you?

I got Sequoia when he was a year old, now he's almost five.  He was the
first ferret I had ever gotten.  I didn't know much about them, but the
girl who gave him to me also gave me two books about them (which I read
cover to cover).  I didn't read anything about this though.

Sequoia was an only ferret for a couple months.  I was his only play friend
and before I got him he spent most of his time in the cage.  I kept him in
the spare bedroom until he became better with the litter box, then I
expanded his perimeter.  Our couch is hollow in the center and as dual
recliners (no one reclines when fuzzies are out).  This hollow spot became
Sequoia's favorite hiding spot.

One night, I was sitting on the couch and he came up from the center,
grabbed (bit) my hand between my thumb and index finger, and started
tugging on my hand and hissing.  I let him dragged my hand under the couch
(silly me) and when he got it under there he began let go and started
licking it.  I pulled my hand out and he came back for it.  This happened
several times and then he stopped.

After we got Loki, I watched as Sequoia dragged him under the couch too.  I
got concerned and called the vet about his behavior.  He told me that this
is how they dominate the other.  I too was dominated by Sequoia and didn't
even know it.  He also doesn't bite me after that.  He only licks my hand :)

Just thought I'd share a cute story.

Dooks To All,

Teresa & the Fur-tastic Five
Sequoia, Enoch, Callisto, Nemesis, & Gizmo
and our fur angel Loki