From:
"Michael Schieman, Mee Maw and ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:41:49 EDT
Greeting and Salivations!

Just to catch ya'll up on a few things. Lyra had her baby on Thursday - a 7
pound, 7 1/2 ounce little boy - Kenneth Allen Truman III. Lyra and KAT3 are
doing just fine and will be going home today (Saturday).

Next Friday, Mee Maw, Tater, Odie, and I will be heading out to Wisconsin
in my new Saturn - our first vacation in 10 years.  It's a 1050 mile trip
but I'm sure the new car will get us there in comfort.  The ads are right -
a different kind of car company, a different kind of car.  I just Love that
maroon beastie!

After a couple of days in Wisconsin, Mee Maw and I will be heading down to
St. Louis to visit with her Papa.  Tater and Odie are going to stay with
Lyra for a while and help her look after the new youngun', dog, 4 cats, 2
daughters, a guy named Kenny, and two horses.  Lyra lives way out in the
sticks, at the end of a gravel road, on 55 acres of land.  I think the guys
will enjoy being there after being cooped up here in Atlanta with Mee Maw
and me hardly ever having time to play with them.  Holding down 2 full-time
jobs apiece just doesn't leave much time for taking proper care the guys.

They'll still be our Webmasters, and they might even start writing to the
FML again as soon as Lyra is up and about again.  They've already been busy
getting ready for the move, and I think they're pretty excited about it.
Last night, when I reached into the mailbox, I felt two cold, wet noses and
heard a lot of dooks and stuff!

Well, it turns out that the guys had packed all their stuff into one of
their hammocks, printed some mailing labels on my HP LaserJet, pasted a
whole book of stamps all over themselves, and were waiting for the Snailman
to take them to Wisconsin!

They were just a bit miffed when I explained that I wouldn't trust the
Postal Service with anything as precious as them.  I'm in the direct mail
business and you just wouldn't believe the tales I could tell.

Anyway, (yes, I'm going to hush in a minute) the guys decided to work on
their webpages and join a bunch of ferret Web Rings - so folks would be
sure to be able to keep up with them.  You can find them at:
http://members.aol.com/emssandy/personal.htm and at /Lyra.htm and
/snoweasels.htm.  The email that will go directly to them is
[log in to unmask] or you can still write them at [log in to unmask]

So, next weekend, if any of you folks between Atlanta and Medford, WI might
happen to spot a maroon Saturn whizzing by you with two old hippie types
and two ferrets in it, you might just want to wave us down and say "Howdy."

Many much loves to all the good folks on the FML.  Many much prayers and
warm thoughts to any ferrets who aren't feeling so well.

Joy to the World!

Paw Paw