From:
EatYrKids <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 22:59:27 EST
Well, I thought I would go along with these introductions.  I've been behind
lately on anything that had to do with my computer, so forgive the fact I'm
doing this later than most.

I'm Jaymi, and live in New York (but I moved from Minneapolis in July).  I
share my apartment with 5 ferts, a chinchilla, fish, and one boyfriend :)
I've owned ferrets since the beginning of '96.  My family owns 5 (at one
time 7, but 2 have passed on).  The ferrets here are begging me to tell you
about them, so here goes!

Leroy was the first I got when I moved out here.  He a fixed and descented
(all 5 of them are) male who is almost 7 months old.  He was a big chubby
kid, but has recently slimmed down, but we still call him "Fat Boy".  Leroy
loves his Cheweasels, and hisses if you get near them.  He also LOVES
running on a harness/leash (odd little fert, I know) and playing in the
grass.  One thing he wants me to mention is that he never poops outside of a
litter pan.

Petra is our second, who came into our lives 2 days after we got Leroy.
Leroy was a problem biter, and getting Petra really calmed him down.  She is
a MF (we think) dark sable, and the same age as Leroy.  Petra is definitely
the most fearless fert I have had, and she loves climbing the cages, putting
her toys in order, being the master of the Ferret Freeway, digging in the
snow, and also in the dirt.  (Oh, and Leroy also wants me to mention that
Petra never goes INSIDE of the litter pan).

Kirby (6 months)is a silver legged (not just a silver mitt!), funny little
ferret-a-ma-jig.  We say he is a silver mitt, but he may just be a mutt.  He
has a black back, black and brown gaurd hairs, a yellow bib, silver hairs
mixed in, white legs, white/yellow underfur, and is a big boy.  He looks
skinny when he is running around, but once you pick him up, he feels like a
lead weight.  He's not pudgy, he's solid.  Kirby is known for not being the
smartest one in the bunch, but he is as floppy as can be, and loves to
wrestle.

Samson is our 4th, and is a rescue fert.  We think he is between 2 and 3
years old.  He was fixed recently, and, we think he is a chocolate, but it's
hard to tell because he is yellow-ish.  This boy has lots of ear wax (no ear
mites, or infections), and tolerates the others beating him up.  He has the
cutest face, and the shelter thinks he may be half polecat.  Samson, like
Petra, loves to climb the cages, eat Calvin's food, and also loves to beat
up the newspaper (but only if we are reading it at the time).  Samson just
got over a bout with Giardia last month, and came through with flying colors.

Calvin is the 5th fert, who I just got from someone (they gave him to me)
who didn't want him anymore.  He is about 5 months old, and is a panda who
is also deaf.  He is a vocal little kid, and does one of the funniest
things--he will wake up, and in a second be out the door of the cage,
bucking and dooking like crazy.  He is still half awake, but playing at full
force.  His previous owner didn't take good care of him at all, and Calvin's
wiskers are singed off.  He is still a little nippy, but has brought a lot
of spunk back into Samson.

Well, that is it for the ferts.  I've been on the FML for a couple of months
now, and love reading what everyone has to say (except for the occasional
argument).  Take care and hug your fuzzies!

~Jaymi and the 5 NY Fur-Covered Slinkies~