From:
"pat l." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:20:26 -0400
I went thru the same thing this past winter.  We lived in a very drafty
rental trailer (we have since moved to our own home that is very
winterized).  I was forced to put a heating pad in the bottom of the cage
for my babies.  I put the heatng pad inside a pillocase..completely covered
the cord with duct tape so they would not chew on it and get shocked and
left the heating pad on low.  I guess I should mention the fact that this
rental trailer also had no heat except for small floor heaters.  We kept
the cage in the living room where most of the heaters were located.  Some
of my company did not care for ferrets sitting in the living room in their
cage but oh well....my babies come before anyone who visits my home.
Basically it really sucked!  Believe me, when we had the chance to buy our
own home in March of this year, we jumped on it.  No more renting trailers
from landlords that don't care about people and pets living without decent
heat.  In our new home, we have a brand new central heat pump and A/c.  The
babies are alot happier now and I don't think we will need the heating pad
this winter.

Prayers for all the sick babies and the ones that have crossed the Bridge
ahead of their mommies and daddies.

Dooks and happy wardances to all!

in love and peace,
Pat L.