From:
"pat l." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 03:34:59 -0400
Hello to my dear FML family,

I am in need of some advice on what to do if you can't afford medical care
for your babies.

My little girl , Nipper, 3 yrs old, has the beginning signs of adernal.
We are trying to live off of my Social security check ($429.00) until my
husband can go back to work in 8 weeks (he had to have surgery on his other
knee recently and can't work and can't draw unemployment).  Even when he
goes back to work, we will be doing all we can to catch up from all of
this.  Does anyone know of any vets in Eastern North Carolina that might
work with us on a payment plan of some sort?  A friend of mine suggested
giving Nipper up to a shelter.  This is not an option I want to even
consider.  I love my babies and take as best care of them as I can.  These
knee surgeries were very unexpected and it has taken every dime we have to
pay for them (no health coverage with hubbie's last employer).  I am really
at a loss as what to do.  Any suggestions from my family here would be
greatly appreciated.

For any that might want to flame me because of this post, please do us both
a favor and save your breath.  There is nothing that will be accomplised
by you emailing me, telling what a horrible person I am for not planning
better.  We had money saved for the babies but if my husband had not had
these surgeries, he would never be able to work again.  We tapped into
every other source available to cover the surgeries but it just wasn't
enough, so we were forced to use the money set aside for the ferrets.  All
I want is some advice and/or names of vets in my area that might be willing
to work with us under a payment plan if anyone knows of any.

"puts on flame proof suit just in case"

Thanks in advance to all FMLer's!
Prayers for all the sick babies and hugs to all that have suffered a recent
loss.

In peace and love,
Pat L.