From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 02:26:05 -0600
I really do love reading all the posts on this list.  I love hearing about
the antics of other ferrets.  Gives me somthing to laugh at since my ferret
is so boring.  But hey, at least he is easy to please.  He doesn't steal
things, and he never puts anything in his mouth other than his food.  Well,
so I dont have to worry about him eating strange objects....but still, he
wont even eat treats....not even a raisin.  I never have to worry about
finding stashed food in hidey holes....he keeps it all in it's bowl, where
he obviously thinks it should be.  He doesn't even dook loud.  He is very
bright and energetic....but he cannot walk anywhere...he war dances wherever
he goes.  I honestly can say I have never seen him walk....he is Gypsy the
bouncing ferret.  And that is all it takes to make him happy....to
bounce....he doesn't get off on rough housing or technical ferret
games....he gets annoyed and ferret bowling, or toss the ferret.  Give him
and hot wheel and he will be content to push it on the linolium for
hours...He is very anal...he keeps his toys in one spot and puts them back
when he is done....he only plays with his toys...and when he is out and goes
pee on the floor, he makes sure he cleans up after himself even though I am
hollering the whole time with "I'll get it, I'll get it!" with paper towel
in hand....He is the Felix Unger of ferrets...But like I said, at least he
is easy to please...