Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 03:02:13 -0700
Laura Horovitz wrote:
>Does anyone know if a ferret will have any problems with the noise or
>pressure from flying?  This is a 4 seater airplane with cruising at a
>4000-5000 altitude ??

Same oxygen rules apply to ferrets as to humans...12,500 msl max.... 14,000
for no more than 1 hour w/o oxygen for passengers or animals...P.I.C. is
no more than 30 minutes, 12,500 to 14,000 msl.  As for noise..depends on
what aircraft you will be in..I am guessing something like a 172/182 or an
equivalent, noise levels should be ok..if it is exceedingly loud, you might
consider wrapping cage in a quilt to muffle some of the sound and absorb
the high frequency sound.  If you keep cabin heat up high or cage will be
in direct sunlight, make sure it doesn't get too warm in the cage if you
do wrap it.

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret)