Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:47:20 -0700
Renee Ryerson wrote:
>So here's my question.  What exactly is preventing me from just taking the
>ferrets on the return flight to the San Francisco airport getting off the
>plane and marching right out of the airport with them and into my car and
>going home.  Do the airlines prevent you from bringing ferrets on flights
>to San Francisco?  I have never seen anyone with a pet carrier stopped to
>be searched by officials.  Who would possibly stop us?

Renee...first off, I believe Delta Airlines is the only airline that will
allow a ferret in the cabin.  And, if the destination is California, you
will not be permitted to take your ferret(s).  They DO know they are
illegal.

My suggestion to you would be to fly to Reno, and rent a car to finish your
journey into California.  Or, contact someone in Reno, make arraignments to
ship the ferret(s) there and then you drive up from your home in California
and pick up your ferret(s).

In any case, do not attempt to take a ferret into California by air.  The
journey will not end happily for you.

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret.)