Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:35:56 -0700
My beloved little Annie (sorry to say, my favorite of all my furkids) who
shared this life with Cyanne and Frostie (all of whom have passed on),
was a tiny, sweet and never failing to give me a chuckle kind of kid.

I was giving all three a bath.  Each with their own personality towards
water.  Cyanne took a "Pooh Bear" approach -- "Ohhh Bother.  Frostie took
a slightly more frantic approach -- "are we done yet, are we done yet".
Annie, sweet, tiny, petite, gotta-love-me, Annie -- her approach was "I
WANT OUT NOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!"

On this particular bathing, Annie was amazingly proud of her little self.
She had discovered my back sponge (it's a netted thingy that is long with
handles on each end) and had climbed out of the water and was holding on
for dear life with a face (did I mention she had a panda face) looking at
me with the "Nah nah nah nah nah --- I'm out of the water" look.  I left
her there quite content as I soaped and washed the other two.  I pulled
the plug as I was beginning to rinse the other two and noticed that
Cyanne and Frostie were giving dirty glares at Annie.  I'm thinking,
"That's odd".  They look like they are very serious about getting her.
I also noticed the water wasn't moving down the drain.

Yep, you guessed it.  I looked over ... Annie had lost some of her grip
on the sponge and her tiny little body had slid down and stopped up the
drain.  Her tail and bum were stuck.  Her little hind feet curled
upwards.  She had one foot stuck in the sponge and the other waving
frantically at me with the expression that just killed me "Uh, Mommy,
help .... ferret bum stuck in the drain here!"  Cyanne and Frostie were
approaching her with the expression "You know, if you don't get your ass
out of the drain, we'll never get out of here!"

I laughed and the more I laughed, the more Annie waved that little paw to
get my attention.  I reached down and grabbed her and tugged.  Just like
a drain stop, Bloop, swish, the water started to drain again.  She let
out a big sigh, I dried her off and let her loose to play.

Guess you had to be there.

  -- Lynn (Jake, Fibi, Smudge, Meesa and Tootsie)