Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 09:38:34 EDT
Hello all!

Although I have belonged to the FML for many years I am an admitted
lurker. I really enjoy reading your stories and knowing I'm not the
only ferret "nut case" around.

At one time I had 22 of my own ferrets and baby sat for 15 others for a
bit. I now have 8 and feel the call of the math. When I had the 22 they
had full roam of my house with the exception of the basement. It wasn't
a problem as my kitchen cupboards had solid bottoms and the way my
fridge was designed they could not get underneath. However, I did have
a couch bed fold out. Well, I had a little girl named Missy Little Foot
at that time. She had one front foot with only 1 toe (birth defect).
Well, She was amazing. Missy discovered the couch bed and promptly
made a hole in the mattress and played amongst the springs. What a
nightmare, nothing I could do or offer her would get her out. So the
rule in my house was Sit On The Floor. So that is what we did until I
got a different couch.

Good thing my friends are as nuts as I am LOL.

I also had a little albino named Simon. He loved to chomp on vinyl. We
o wned a waterbed during the Simon years. Simon loved to help me make
the bed. One day when my back was turned he apparently chomped the
mattress around the filler tube (hubby's side of bed). Punctures so
small I did not notice-but the following morning my husband woke up
soaking wet from his hips down. After the initial shock of a leaking
bed the fits of hard-core laughter, that only a ferret stunt can give,
washed over me. Hubby did not find it a bit funny until I was able to
regain my composure long enough to show him what had happened. We then
both had a good laugh over it.

Never underestimate the determination of a ferret.

Terry &
Buddha,Casper,Little One,Blossom,Patches,Gunny, Top and Ricky