From:
Carl Baewer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 1994 18:33:32 -0500
Hi folks,

I would like to put this question out to anybody living in the
Boston Massachusetts area. Recently there was a posting on
relaynet requesting help for a members ferret, by the description
he was giving out, it sounded like Adrenal Disease. He had taken
the ferret to a Vet, but the Vet said that he couldn't find anything
wrong with the animal, a few days later his ferret died!
In the meantime another ferret owner replied that there was a clinic
in the Assonet MA area called The Assonet Animal Hospital (508)644-2744.
She got this name from another person in the Boston area, but never
used the clinic herself. So the question is, has anybody else every heard
of the Assonet Animal Hospital or used them before ?
And could somebody send me a verifiable name to a clinic in the Boston
area that will see ferrets, so I may pass this info onto the person
who's ferret died, he does have another ferret, and is worried that if
it also gets sick the samething will happen. Thanks!

To: Dr Bruce Williams

I started up up a small BBS for ferret owners who don't really use the
Internet or Fido and I have been saving your essays on different ferret
diseases that you have been posting, so far I have your report on Adrenal,
Islet,Cardiomyopathy disease that you have posted thus far that I know of.
Do you have any other reports on different type of ferret diseases that I
may of missed ? And if so could you send them to me so I may also list them
with the others ?

Thank You