From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 19:47:20 -0500
Chris Heath wrote:
>I have a female ferret, just turning 1 year old, who is deaf.  Her name is
>Thisbe (Thiz-bee).  Anyhow, about 2 weeks ago, she started doing something
>very strange.  She would be sleeping peacefully, then suddenly jump up and
>run several feet!

Sounds like standard ferret million mile an hour itch!  One of ours had to
run up from the bottom level of the cage all the way to the top this morning
to find the perfect spot to scratch an itch.  Ferrets seem to be very itchy
creatures, even without fleas!

>She also chews on the side of the dish while she eats.

One of ours who is not deaf also does that.  He seems to enjoy using the
dish to help chew his food.  None of the other 11 do that, so who knows why
he does.

Have fun with your little girl!

Sara and Kurt and the twelve fuzzies